Who are we?
In 1994 we bought our first Labrador bitch "Fogel Hlara Miss Lowe" (D.J).
After a period of working, showing and doing the health checks with her,
we bred our first litter in 1996.
A few years later we bought in France our first male "Otterly True Blue of Tintagel Winds" (Catcher).
Catcher is sired by Multi.Ch. Foulby Tittle Tattle.
We combined D.J and Catcher and had a nice litter of yellows and blacks. We kept a big yellow bitch named "Woefdram's Glamour Girl" (Genny).
She's been limited shown and her first litter was by the French dog Olé.
We kept two bitches, a black and a yellow one named "Woefdram's Irresistible Iris" and "Woefdram's Ivory Isabella".
Both girls have some nice showresults.
It was Isabella who produced our first home bred Show Champion: International, Dutch, German, Austrian Ch. Woefdram's No Fear BSG '07 JW '06
Pixie did so well in the showring! 20x CAC, 8x Res.CAC, 7x BOB, 2x Junior Winner '06 (in Holland and Austria), Schallaburg Jugendsieger '06, Bundessiegerin '07, 1st placement + CAC World Dogshow 2008, Austrian Champion, BOS at the NLV Clubsow, German Champion, Dutch Champion, Crufts qualified, Studbook number (UK), International Show Champion, Rheinlandsiegerin 2010
July 2006 we imported the yellow bitch "Ramsayville Raquel Welch" (bred by M.Brown). Timber has beautiful English lines which we like a lot.
She stayed with us for 2 years and then went back to Scotland.
But before she went back, she left us a beautiful offspring named Ch.Woefdram's True Blue. After her Dutch Junior Championship Blue went on to do really well and became our 2nd home bred Champion. She was a true showgirl and won the following results: 19x CAC, 7x Res.CAC, 5x BOB, 7x Junior CAC, Rheinland Jugendsiegerin '09, Dutch and German Junior Champion, 2nd placement in the Yearlingclass at Crufts (behind the bred CC winner), Dutch Champion, German Champion, NRW Siegerin 2010
In 2012 we bred our last Woefdram's litter. However, our lines can still be found Internationally and mean a lot for several breeders. Woefdram's Made in Holland in Germany, W.Super Trouper in Finland, W.Sundance in Austria, W.Safira in Germany, Multi.Kamp.W.Whiskey for Romeo in Germany, Multi.Kamp.W.Wellington in Russia, W.Webster in Russia, Multi.Kamp.W.Up to Date in Russia, W.The Yellow Treasure in Austria, W.Ruby Tuesday in Austria, W.Rhapsody in Blue in Holland and W.Jet-Black Chelsea in Holland. We're very proud of our offspring!
Apart from building up a strong bitchline, we enjoyed importing new lines through males. Those males have meant a lot for the European breed and we're so grateful to those breeders from abroad who were willing to share their dog with us! Also, we'd like to thank the breeders for bringing their girls to our studs.
Willcare Huntmor Gamemaster - Nugy
An amazing chocolate dog who meant so much for the chocolate breed. Nugy was our first American import and sired many offspring in Holland through 2008 and 2009. His offspring are known for having superb temperament and health. He's now retired and enjoying his old day.
BISS.Can/Am.Ch.Chablais Marcello - Marcello
Our Canadian import who was very known in Canada and the USA before he came to us. Marcello stayed in Holland for one and a halve year and then he went to Sandra Tramon Payan of the Brodie Clann kennel in France. Sandra has always loved Marcello. She once used him for her chocolate bitch and it turned out to be a great litter. When Marcello arrived at her place, the "family of father, mother, son and daughters was complete. Marcello passed away in 2014.
Shadowbrook's Bet on It! - Troy
Troy arrived from America in 2009. He was 15 months old. Troy has never been a showstar, as he was easily bored. He'd rather retrieve a bal or get muddy. However, as a producer he really put his stamp on his offspring. He sired offspring in 17 different countries, sired 4 International Champions and 11 National Champions. Troy went to our Finish friend Eva Vilamo of Waterline's in 2013. He stayed there for a year. Also the Scandinavian breeders were happy with his offspring. Troy is still being used as a stud and he will stay with us forever.
Int.Sh.Ch. Lux/NL.Ch. Carpenny Micah at Suttonpark BS'12 RS'12 W'12 CW'13 - Micah
Micah, also called our "once in a lifetime". When Micah came over from the UK he was no Champion yet but we thought he had something special. He won his first BOB and a Group placement within one month. The period that followed was just amazing. Micah has written history and impressed many people. Micah was leased from Fam.Neachell of Suttonpark Labradors so he went back in 2013.
During his stay of 15 months at our place he achieved the following results: 1x BIS, 1x Res.BIS, 2x BIS-3, 1x BIS-9, 5x BIG, 9x BOB, 14x CAC, 2x Res.CAC, Rheinland Sieger '12, Dutch Champion, Bundessieger 2012, Winner 2012, Multiple Crufts qualified, Luxembourg Champion, International Show Champion, Club Winner 2013.
Truly a once on a lifetime because Micah won several Groups and did extremely well at BIS level amongst all other breeds. A Labrador has never done so well in Holland before. When he was back, he also became UK.Sh.Ch.
Here you can see a video of Micah winning the Group at the All Breed show in Maastricht!
VDH Ch.Time Square Ulysses - Ulysses
Ulysses came, just like Micah, under a lease condition to Holland. This American boy stayed at our place from May 2013 till October 2014. He meant a lot for the breed and sired some quality offspring in 15 different countries! He easily achieved his German Sh.Ch. title and he also won a BOB and Group placement in Holland.
We love to go to the shows with our dogs but unfortunately this is the showing/breeding of nowadays:
· If you love to talk about dogs, you're a know-it-all.
· If you don't talk about dogs, you know nothing.
· If you chat at a show, you're a show-off.
· If you don't chat, success has gone to your head.
· If your dogs are at all the shows, you're not letting others in on the wins.
· If you're absent, you're afraid of the competition.
· If your dog wins, you know the judges.
· If you don't win, it's obvious your dog isn't quality.
· If you win and thank the judge, you're playing politics.
· If you win and don't thank the judge, you're rude.
· If you lose and congratulate the winner, you're a hypocrite.
· If you lose and don't say anything, you're a poor sport.
· If you've been breeding less than 20 years you're a newcomer.
· If you've been breeding for more than 20 years, you should get out of the way of the up-and-comers.
· If you use your own stud, you're kennel blind.
· If you go outside for stud services, you don't think much of your own breeding.
· If you sell most of your puppies, you're trying to flood the market.
· If you keep most of your puppies, they're not good enough to sell.
· If you keep your health testing up to date, you're admitting your lines are full of problems.
· If you don't check for every condition known to veterinary science, you're irresponsible and have no integrity.
· If you choose to mentor or offer 'free' advice, you're arrogant.
· And finally, if you keep your opinions and knowledge to yourself, you haven't learned anything.